Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hudson's Delivery!!


Well, I was supposed to be induced on Sat at 9 am, however, he decided he wanted to come on his own!! I started getting pretty bad contractions, about 5 minutes apart lasting a minute to a minute a half apart. I was tearing my hair out and crying, so I finally called the doc and they called me back, knowing I was in pain, they told me to come on in. I got there and got checked about 3 am, and was 3 cm. I got to my room, and got my iv started (they didn't tell me that was going to hurt!), and actually got my epidural at 4:20! I was checked again at 5:30 and was at 4-5cm, then around 6:30 I was feeling a lot of pressure in my bottom, so the nurse checked me and I was already at 7-8cm, 20 min later my water broke! I felt a lot pressure and a lot of pain, so they told me to hit my epidural button again, well it was not working!!! They checked me at 7am and i was already at 10! So I had to start pushing at 7:15, and omg it hurt!!!! Well he came out at 8am! Hudson Brock Gilliatt was 9.05lbs and 23 1/2 inches long!! He's a big big baby!!! =) I got really sick (throwing up and really dizzy) after I had him and was nauseous through the whole pushing. Which I kept saying I couldn't do it anymore! and just get him out! I really didn't think I could do it anymore!!
I was really dizzy for a long time, but I guess I lost a lot of blood during the delivery. When I came in my hemoglobin levels were an 11, which 12-13 is normal. Well it went all the way down to a 6.3, which is really low. Well I couldn't get out of bed without almost falling over, I was dizzy just sitting in the bed. I finally was so bad they had to give me a blood transfusion! They gave me two units of blood and brought my #'s back up to a 7.7 which is still pretty low, however now I have to take iron pills for 3 months! But I'm feeling a lot better now, however since I couldn't move from my bed for 2 days I have a lot of swelling, hurt to walk because of my ankles were really swollen.
However my baby boy is soooo adorable, cute, handsome,and just a good baby!!! However he pees a lot!!!!!!! He keeps soaking through his diaper, and his clothes!


~*~Crys~*~

No comments: